Re: can't get man pages to work

On  16 Mar, this message from Russell Hires echoed through cyberspace:
> I just installed woody on an iMac (rev a or b, I can't remember right
> now)...my man pages install is broken! I've removed it, reinstalled it,
> purged it and reinstalled. Still, I get an error that /usr/bin/pager cannot
> be found.

Hmmm. As has been said, pager is /etc/alternatives/pager, which is a
symlink to your preferred pager.

> Is there something I'm missing, or should I file a bug report?

Sure you got 'less' installed?

Did you remove anything? I would say that the base install should
provide a pager...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |