Re: XFree86 screensaver on iBook2: Power down the LCD?

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 03:09:02PM +0000, William R Sowerbutts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to arrange things for the XFree86 screensaver on my iBook2
> running testing to power down the LCD backlight (equivalent to "fblevel 0")
> when it blanks the screen? At the moment it just goes black, but the backlight
> remains on.

search the archives. adam lazur posted his lcdsaver.sh hack for jwz's
xscreensaver program. works pretty well.
http://clustermonkey.org/~laz/pbook/lcdsaver.sh

tell xscreensaver to run that instead of it's other hacks.  tell it
not to cycle, either, or your lcd flickers back on briefly every 10
minutes.

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Woodridge, IL USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897