Re: Problems booting for the first time, Titanium PowerBook

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 23:07, Chris Tillman wrote:
> I don't think the Titanium Powerbook is well supported with the 2.2
> kernel.  Try the new-powermac flavor available in the woody branch
> (see the url in my .sig for the install manual).

woody in general is just going to work better on newer hardware anyways.

> (Colin/Matt, we need to make a list of hardware for which we would
> highly recommend new-powermac, and I'll alter the list in the manual
> accordingly).

This seems good to me.

> Also, I wonder (probably too late) if we could come up with a better
> name.

Admittedly, the name is rather poor, but I will not be the person
responsible for holding up woody's release any longer by changing it
now... :)

> Which reminds me, is the bf2.4 flavor also going to be available for
> powerpc? That would be a lot of overlap. Maybe we should really get
> into the bf2.4 camp.

I think it's too late for that too.  For b-f, basically I just want to
get 2.4.18 in, see if that fixes #135626 (and figure out and fix what's
causing that if not), and then call it done.