Re: Depair: Help for installing Woody on an ibook (M8587) needed - LONG

Hello again!

First of all thanks for all the replies and help :-))
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 09:42:38AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > mac-usb-us-keycodes on the images-1.44/* files - so I've no at, pipe
> > [...]
> >
> > Strange. When I followed these instructions, the woody boot-floppies had
> > such a keytable, which worked perfectly, at least on the console.
> > That's the reason why I recommended you the Woody images instead of
> > stable...
>
> It sounds like he has used the woody b-f, but not the new-powermac
> flavour which is recommended for current hardware.

Indeed I didn't apt-get b-f but went into a mirror and downloaded the
recommended files. Some of them I couldn't find in new-powermac so I
used them from the former tree (which was powermac IIRC X-( ).
Probably I was blind, probably the mirror wasn't up to date two days
ago, I haven't checked it again.

Cheers & have a good time

--

M.f.G.