usbmouse and docs

Hi,
In an iMac and an usb mouse I can run debian with gpm in the console.
Please tell me how to configure  potato's XF86Config (I don't find the
script as in i386 I have used before).
I wrote in the Pointer Protocole section "AUTO" that runs with great
limitations.
"USB", "PS/2" and "OSMouse" options are not recognized.
I have /dev/mouse as link with /dev/usbmouse.
I saw also some mail to the list about french keyboard. Maybe there is a
documentation FAQ's or HOWTO's ppc for general but also french users?
Thanks,
Renato