Re: Palm Sync on a Pismo (irda)

On Fre, 2002-03-08 at 20:55, Pan wrote:
> I got my kernel compiled with all the modules needed for irda sync, (the
> benh tree) and I got all the software installed...
>
> The problem is that the palm and the laptop never really get connected.
>
> With irdump I can see that it IS getting data, and a lot of it, but I
> just don't know why it doesn't work.

irdadump also dumps data when there is no connection, are you sure you
see data from the Palm?

> Sometimes it just doesn't connect. Sometimes it does the starting noise,
> but never the ending one.
>
> It just looks like the communication is bad. And I have the palm less than
> a foot away from the port.

Are you aware that it only works up to 57600 bps yet? I have a file
/etc/modutils/irda-local which contains:

post-install irda echo 57600 > /proc/sys/net/irda/max_baud_rate

so the rate gets automatically limited.

Also, I sometimes have to /etc/init.d/irda restart, but after that it
works pretty reliably for me.