Re: Quake binaries

Hi,

Michel Dänzer writes:

> Do you mean the Quake2 software renderer or the GL renderer with
> software rendering?

Either of the two is pitifully slow.  Anyway, reading the bug reports
helped, I'm using sdlgl now.  Simply creating a symlink from
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/games/quake2/libGL.so resolved my
problem.  And I had to give a few command line options, namely

 quake2 +set vid_ref sdlgl +set gl_driver /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

the first time, but that's documented in the README.

> glxinfo and/or the glxgears framerate will tell.

glxinfo says direct rendering is enabled, and the glxgears framerate
is slightly below 500.

> sound [...] works fine with sdlquake2 from CVS though.

Indeed :)

Since I used the infrastructure from the Debian package for building
anyway, I thought I'd upload the package to people.  It's at

 deb http://people.debian.org ~jensen/binary-powerpc/
 deb-src http://people.debian.org ~jensen/source/

Regards, Jens.

--