Re: USB-modem for ibook - any recomendations

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 05:42:03PM +0100, Georg Koss wrote:
> First of all a friendly hello to all!
  Hola

> I ordered an ibook 500 today 8-))).
  Only a 500?

> I need to have a dial-up connection either by 56k or ISDN. As I
> read, the internal modem doesn't work - so I'm looking for another solution.
  If it's one of the older 500MHz models then it hsould have an i2c modem,
which does work, minor twitchess aside.

> Is anybody aware about external USB-56k modems one can get today (kernel-Docs
> acm.txt is written in 1999) or even external ISDN-USB-modems (or
> probably any other mobile solution working with the ibook 500).
  I'm not sure if they are still on the market(or have been redesigned since
I last used one) but the Creative ModemBlaster USB worked fine for me almost
2 years ago.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
It's just something they made up to scare kids.
Like the boogey man, or Michael Jackson.  - Bart Simpson