USB-modem for ibook - any recomendations

First of all a friendly hello to all!

If you feel this OT please mail me private - THX!

The story:

I ordered an ibook 500 today 8-))).

My Mac-dealer couldn't help me with modems so far, so I'd like to ask
here if anybody has had good experiences he'd like to share with me.

I need to have a dial-up connection either by 56k or ISDN. As I
read, the internal modem doesn't work - so I'm looking for another solution.

Is anybody aware about external USB-56k modems one can get today (kernel-Docs
acm.txt is written in 1999) or even external ISDN-USB-modems (or
probably any other mobile solution working with the ibook 500).

Thanks for any hints

Cheers &

--

M.f.G.