Re: Potato on the Motorola MCP750

Judging by the overwhelming silence, I'm guessing no one is using MCP750s around here. :)

Eric Valette was kind enough to send me his version of the Woody 2.2.17-pre9 bootfull.bin for the MCP750. Just in case someone searches these archives in the future for MCP750 support, I have posted Eric's image on my website. I plan to put up a 2.4.x image there as well, as soon as I figure out how to make a bootfull.bin image for PReP.

http://homepage.interaccess.com/~rknize/russ/linux/projects.html

Russ

Russ W. Knize wrote:
Hello,

I have been trying for some time now to get potato to boot on a MCPx750
board.  It appears that the interrupt map is broken in the 2.2.19 kernel
because both the IDE controller and the serial port are losing interrupts. I saw a mention of an IDE patch available, but I'm not sure that this is the
problem I am seeing.  Either way, the installer is useless because the
serial port only sends 8 or so characters every 10 seconds.  I saw this
problem in r3 (my first attempt many months ago) and now in r5.

I've been unable to find any of the MCP750-specific patches that I saw
mentioned in the archives.  Does anyone know where these are?  Better yet,
does anyone have a bootfull.bin with these patches installed?  I don't have
a native PPC environment to build kernels (this will be it).  As you can
see, I have a bit of a chicken/egg problem.

Thanks for any help,
Russ