2.4 kernel on a 6500

Hello,

I will soon compile the 2.4 kernel on my 6500.  I have two questions:
1. A while ago (the last time I did this) I had to configure for USB
support in order to use the new input layer, even though the 6500
doesn't have USB.  Is this still the case?
2. I'm pretty sure I must configure support for via-cuda, but do I need
to also choose support for pmu?

Thanks very much for the help.  Also, I looked all over for doc's
on the new input layer before writing this, but every link to "Franzo's
Blurb on the New Input Layer" gets me 404/Not Found.  Are there other
good places to look?

Thanks,
Arlie Capps