Re: External Screen on iBook2

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:06:35AM +0100, Janico Greifenberg wrote:
> Hi,
> I got Linux running on my iBook2 with Debian Woody but I got a problem with
> plugging in an external Monitor. When I start the computer with screen
> connected I see the picture on both the internal display and the external
> screen, but as soon as Linux is loaded only the internal device is active. I
> think that this might have to do with the framebuffer device, which I'm also
> using for X11.
> Can anyone help me?

You have to use m3mirror to (de)activate internal and external displays.
For me (with sid), monitor output is close to work fine in text mode
(with framebuffer) except that I have a buggy display on the bottom of
the screen.
X display doesn't work at all.

Eric.

--
//       Eric LACROIX         |      Ingénieur Informatique Libre
// Eric.Lacroix@fr.alcove.com |   Alcôve, l'informatique est libre ....