Re: evolution imap trouble with mac.com account?

OK. I am using Evolution with a mac.com address, so perhaps I can help.
I did not create any extra folders outside of Inbox, so perhaps that is
it. I have not had any problems setting it up, just pluging in the
obvious choices in the Evolution settings worked fine for me.

I haven't had a problem with email from mac.com on the Linux side. The
problem is that when I try to to go the mac.com web site and login, it
complains that I need an Apple computer to do that. I am using an Apple
computer, just with Linux instead of Mac OS. So they will not let you
use Linux on the mac.com  site, one is forced to boot into a mac os for
that.

How do you have your Mail Settings in Evolution? In Receiving Mail I
have IMAP Host: mail.mac.com  Username: gnu_ibook_2

mac.com (from the mac side) will let you set-up multiple accounts, I
have 3 mac.com email addresses, go ahead and setup and test a few more
and then desert them.