Re: file transfer troubles between Linux and OSX

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 12:38:45AM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to have MacOS X installed on my laptop, and did put every
> program/archive I wanted to keep for MacOS on an HFS (not HFS+)
> partition. I since removed MacOS from the laptop, and I'm trying to
> transfer these files to another MacOS X box on the network.
>
> I've tried using http and ssh to transfer the files from the HFS
> partition to the MacOS X box, but every time the .img file in there
> arrives broken so that DiskImage can't open it.
>
> Is there some special trick I could apply here to transfer this file ?

Can you mount that drive remotely from Mac OSX using netatalk? Like,
maybe mount it to a folder within your home directory on the laptop,
turn on netatalk, then connect to your home directory by logging in
thru Appleshare on your Mac OS box. It seems like that would make all
Mac files appear as Mac files, etc. and then you could just copy them.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |