Re: unable to boot potato cd on ibook2

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:22:09PM -0500, Jamie Oulman wrote:
> hello all.
>
> after searching the list archives and not finding anything
> i turn to this list.
>
> im having trouble booting a stable 2.2_rev4 binary1 cd on
> a 600mhz ibook2. ive tried multiple iso's from diffrent
> sites and i still get the same error.
>
> booting i get this
>
> Welcome to yaboot version 0.9
> Wrong partition 1 signature
> Config file read, 528 bytes
> Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (potato)
> boot: debian video=ofonly
> Wrong partition 1 signature
>
> Image not found.... try again
> WARNING ! default_close called !
> boot:

The ibook2 will be very unhappy with potato's kernel. We are
developing an installer for newer powermacs such as this. If you'd
like to try it out,

http://penguinppc.org/~walters/debian/installer/new-powermac

Also Branden has a page about installing on an ibook,

http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |