Re: booting problems

> > ## yaboot.conf generated by yabootconfig 1.0.4
> > ##
> > ## run: "man yaboot.conf" for details. Do not make changes until you
> > have!!
> > ## see also: /usr/share/doc/yaboot/examples for example configurations.
> > ##
> > ## For a dual-boot menu, add one or more of:
> > ## bsd=/dev/hdaX, macos=/dev/hdaY, macosx=/dev/hdaZ
> >
> > boot=/dev/hda6
> > ofboot=hd:6
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^ According to man yaboot.conf, this should no longer be used.
> > device=hd:
> > partition=8
> > root=/dev/hda8
> > delay=10
> > timeout=20
> > install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
> > magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
> > hide
>   ^^^^ I wonder why you are using this. If you are mounting the
>   bootstrap partition in MacOS, it will always de-bless it and that
>   would explain your problem.
> >
> > defaultos=macos
> > #defaultos=linux
> >
> > nonvram
>   ^^^^^^^ You would normally not want this, it disables ybin from
>   automatically setting the OF path.
> >
> > image=/vmlinux
> > 	label=Linux
> > 	read-only
> >
> > macos=hd:11
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^ It may not make a difference, but this global option
>   should appear above the image= line.
>
> Also, I thought you mentioned macos was on your slave drive. So that
> should not be hd:
>
> hd -> internal ide master
> ultra1 -> internal ide slave
> ide0 -> secondary controller master
> ide1 -> secondary controller slave
>
> You can also use the Linux-style pathname here instead.

I think I didn't explain it very well :)
I have 2 drives that concern this problem, let's call them hda and hdb.
I have 5 partitions on hda (Bootstrap, swap, root, home and macos) and one
partition on the hdb (macos).

If I work with hda, I have no problems: I can boot to the mac and/or linux
with the yaboot.conf I sent, no problems at all.

BUT, when I'm running mac from hda and I select the system folder on hdb
as the startup folder, and reboot the system, there is where the show
begins. When I select hda again as my startup drive, it boots directly to
mac os without showing the debian menu. I have then to startup from the
debian cd and re-bless the bootstrap partition.

And to answer your question, I'm not mounting the bootstrap partition on
the mac side, either on hda or hdb.