Re: PReP hackers wanted

Hi,

PReP hackers wanted
@ 06 Jan 2002 15:54:26 -0500
Colin Walters wrote :
>On Sun, 2002-01-06 at 14:15, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
>> Well, the only reason I could see is if it either needs a kernel
>> config option enabled, not provided by the kernel-image-*-prep
>> package, or else if it needs a file from the kernel build not normally
>> provided by the package.  It should be pretty easy to read bootprep.sh
>
>Probably.  But I have basically zero knowledge of the PReP architecture,
>and no way to test the resulting kernel image.
>
>So, I'd like to take this opportunity to call for anyone with a working
>knowledge of the PReP architecture, shell script, and preferably C to
>help work on the Debian boot-floppies for PReP.  Right now it doesn't
>even build because the root disk is too large.  Are you interested in
>seeing the Universal Operating System run on your favorite PowerPC
>architecture, the PReP?  Then see instructions for getting the
>boot-floppies CVS from http://cvs.debian.org, and send us patches!

I know only about kernel2.2 .
On the version, boot image is the same as "zImage+ramdisk.image.gz",
that is called zImage.initrd, and this is named as "boot.img" on debian.
Boot from FDD, CDROM, HDD and Bootp, this zImage works as a loader itself.
# Very thanks for Cort Dougan.

So, I can mage installer ISO image for potato past.
That image makes from boot.img on Windows.

You have to do is only make kernel for PReP.

But, The kernel needs some FB supports, for IBM machines.
That is called "calorina patch".

Sorry, I cannot help to make kernels.
I would be a hard days for graduation.
#I must graduate the University on March :-)

Best regards.
Kaz Aoshima = Editor of the PReP station
Solid Surface Lab. of Material development,
Faculty of engineering, Tohoku University, Japan
E-mail:aoshimak@mail.cc.tohoku.ac.jp
#I would appreciate if you could give me suggestions
 for my impolite English expressions.