Re: MOL and kernel 2.4

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> I can start mol as root (sudo startmol) but not as a lambda user.

I bet if you started it once as root, then started it again as a normal
user, it'd work.

> I don't understand, because while browsing this list archive, I've seen
> several posts claiming that Mol does not need to patch the kernel 2.4 as
> it must for 2.2

And it doesn't. It has to load the kernel module to provide its
kernel-space services, though.

> 3) wrapp the startmol to insmod and rmmod the mol modules

Already done. Call 'startmol --loadonly' in an init script - that will
load the 'mol' module and the 'sheep_net' networking module.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN