Re: ghostie screen

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 17:39, Russell Hires wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2002 11:09 am, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Don't switch VTs. ;) Looks like your X driver is broken wrt VT
> > switching.
> >
> > What framebuffer and X driver is this? tdfxfb and tdfx?
>
> Darn good question. I've got a Voodoo3 card, running 2.4.17 (though the
> kernel version doesn't seem to make a difference, since it's happened with
> 2.4.16 and 2.2.18-patched)...how would I provide this information?

Framebuffer driver:	cat /proc/fb

If it's tdfxfb, try disabling acceleration. If it's OFfb, there's no way
but to avoid it or fix the X driver.

X driver:		grep 'drivers/.*_drv' /var/log/XFree86.0.log

It's most definitely the tdfx driver, the only other possibility would
be fbdev but that's not accelerated so this kind of failure can't really
happen.