Re: ALSA and OSS WAS: Re: A happy story to end the year...

debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org said:

> my question is, what kind of colour depth does the server think you
> have, i.e., run at 16 bpp turns out to be 'TrueColor' (32bpp)?

I'm not sure how to find this out...  I set 16bpp as the default color
depth -- but I know there was something funny about 24bpp being 32bpp or
something...  Perhaps 16bpp means something different.  At least it works,
AND my family photo in the background looks good.  (No color problems)

> --with-cards=powermac,dummy (dummy just in case i need it) and other
> options, and installed the kernel modules afterwards. there is a little
> of a hassle but if you read the documentation it shouldn't be too much
> of a problem. some ppl have had success using ALSA with devfsd, some

Not sure what devfsd is or does, but I see someone else on the list is
having problems with sleeping and ALSA, so perhaps I'll leave well enough
alone. :)  OSS is working well for me, and since I don't have video out
(can't seem to find the "m3mirror" program) I dont' use it for watching
videos often.  Perhaps it'll be an issue when/if I try to get my DVD
player playing.

Happy New Year again. :)
-Shawn
--