Dmasound on iBook2 sounds strange

Hello,

I am using Kernel 2.4.20-ben1 from rsync (last resync 4 hours ago) and I
figure out that dmasound (OSS) is strange.
When I hit <tab><tab> in the shell I get a beep. This beep is always of
differnt volume. I don't remember that it used to be like this.

Yesterday, I tried the newest alsa drivers and acme. When I wanted to
put the system into snooze mode by closing the lid, it got a kernel
panic. The debug output said something about pmud. Is there any known
problem with them?

Bye, claas