Resizing an HFS+ Partition?

I'm starting to think about putting Linux on my iBook. But I've been using it for a while, it came installed with some stuff, and it would be a drag to reinstall everything.

Is there a tool, even one you have to pay for, for resizing an HFS+ partition to make room for Linux? Or would be be better off to repartition, reformat and reinstall?

I'm a happy user of Woody on my venerable old 8500.

My iBook is one of the models released this last spring, it is a 700 Mhz G3 with 12 inch screen.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford