Re: DRI not working with ATI Radeon M7

On 30 Dec 2002, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> > > What tree? This isn't an X server problem, you'd have to debug your
> > > kernel and DRM if anything.
> >
> > Uh oh... I'm afraid I won't be of any help for this :)
> >
> > Would there be anything strange in the config I sent you ?
>
> Not really, I suppose the problem also occurs with a saner mode than
> 0777?
>
> I'll say once again though that the most likely cause is some mismatch
> between the kernel and the DRM. Did you change absolutely nothing
> between building the two?

I don't know if I'm helping here.  I had the same problem with
the kernel module not being compatible with xfree86.  I downloaded
the CVS sources from gatos.sf.net and compiled and installed the
drm-kernel and now my Radeon 8500 is working great, over 1100 fps
from glxgears.  My xfree CVS build is just a couple days old.

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.