Re: ybin on second(?) revision iMac

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:42:24AM +1100, Nathan Hurst wrote:
> I've just been trying to get debian booting an iMac using a bootstrap
> partition rather than the older method.  If I run ybin directly the

What is the older method? I'm only familiar with the method of installing
yaboot on a bootstrap partition.

> system refuses to boot yaboot, and after a short time(2 seconds)
> defaults to MacOS. Option key doesn't show linux partition.  If I set
> the boot-device to:
>  boot-device hd:10,\\yaboot
> then it boots into yaboot, but still no clickable icon.  Any ideas/suggestions?

Yaboot does not have clickable icons. You are thinking of the MacOS
capability to select an OS source using the option key. AFAIK,
that capability is not programmable. But if you have Linux installed,
I think an icon may show up. You would have to find docs from Apple
on how that works. For debian, we use yaboot which provides an OS
selection menu activated by keys.

|                  To HAVE, GIVE all TO all (ACIM)               |