ide-controller ACARD 6260M not working with debian 3.0

hi,
I'm trying to install debian 3.0(kernel 2.4.18) on a mac b&w rev1.
Because of an built-in error of the original onboard ide-controller it's
impossible to add another hard disk to this controller and so I want to
install on a disk, which is connected to an ide-controller card. I've got
a TurboMax/ATA-66 card, which is identical to the ACARD 6260M.
During istallation of the 2.4.18 kernel from the debian3.0-cd the hard
disk is recognised from the installation system, partition check is o.k.
as said in dmesg and kernel is written on the disk, but when the system
should be rebooted from the hard disk it gives in dmesg the following
error-messages:
..
partition check:
..
hde: lost interrupt
ide_dma_proc: chipset supported
ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
..
this error message is given again and again without an end;
hde is the disk connected to the ACARD ide controller card, about the card
is said in dmesg:
..
AEC 6260R: IDE controller on PCI bus 01 dev 10
AEC 6260R: chipset revision 1
AEC 6260R: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
AEC 6260R: ROM enabled at 0x80890000
..
during installation I found with
cat /proc/pci
..
bus 1, device 2, function 0:
SCSI storage controller: Artop Electronics Corp ATP 860 (rev1)
IRQ 23
..
I've updated the card's firmware under mac os to version 3.21.

Some advice how to fix this problem ? Thank you very much   Rolf