Problems with X on iBook

 Hi every body,

 I have a new iBook 2 eith G3 700MHz CD, 12"1 and a Radeon 7500 graphic
card. X windows works very unproperly. I installed a Debian Woody on it.

this the output of lspci:
00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LW

 The Display if flickering and un confotable. I have this in my
XF86Config-4
---------------BEGIN
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "TiBook Internal Video"
        Driver          "fbdev"
        Option          "UseFBDev"
        Option          "DRIReinit"
        Option          "NoAccel"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "TiBook Panel"
        HorizSync       30-70
        VertRefresh     60
        Option          "DPMS"
Mode "1024x768"
    # D: 100.000 MHz, H: 93.985 kHz, V: 116.318 Hz
    DotClock 100.001
    HTimings 1024 1040 1048 1064
    VTimings 768 784 792 808
    Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
EndMode
-------------END

 Thje X server that is shiped with Debian does'nt wrk at all. The one that
flicker is the one I get here:
http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/

I tried the things suggested here:
http://groups.google.fr/groups?q=+++debian+ibook+radeon&hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UT
F-8&selm=3D946B71.10201%40gmx.de&rnum=3

but the kernel compilation didn't work. IL all ended like this:

--------ERR
arch/ppc/platforms/platform.o: In function `low_choose_750fx_pll':
arch/ppc/platforms/platform.o(.text+0x6c2): undefined reference to
`nap_save_hid1'
arch/ppc/platforms/platform.o(.text+0x6c6): undefined reference to
`nap_save_hid1'
--------ERR

 When linking vmlinux.

I tried a compiled kernel:
linux-2.4-benh-ibook-2.4.20-ben1.tar.gz

That claims to be good for iBook, but it gets worst: The keyboard doesn't
work at all and Xwindows quits very quickly. I can't tell more on that
kernel, since the eth0 is not well configured by it, so i can't access the
iBook by means of ssh (which is the only way I have to access it when
screen or keybord are freezed.)

 At that point I am completely dispaired. So if you have an idea to make
the compilation work (I already changed the binutils to sarge binutils,
but it didn't work).

 An other solution is to get a Kernel/modules/XF86Config-4 files from
somebody who did the tricks and install them. So if you have this I would
be very grateful if send me an email containig them. Thanks a lot.

 Sorry for the fuzzy information but I have just finished a non-sleepoing
night to try to get the thing working. Ask me any information that you
finc useful to understand the problems i will answer (I've been using
linux for 8 years, and thats the first time things gets so bad...)

--
 Saïd.