Re: EVERYONE HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!!
> On Dec 18 2002, Elizabeth Barham wrote:
> > Possibly the battery.
> I didn't know that, but one way to isolate the problem is to
> plug it directly on the wall without using the battery. This
> works with my iBook and I'd expect it to work with the
On my Starmax (desktop), if the battery that holds information like
time and other parameters goes bad it takes the whole system with it;
removing the battery itself remedies the problem.
But on the laptop side, I have an old Toshiba 486 laptop whose
batteries no longer hold much of a charge and I literally will have to
re-start on and off for like 15 minutes or so; eventually it starts up
all the way but before that it goes a little and then just stops, sort
of progressing to a full boot up with each attempt.
Note that the above machine *is* plugged in. A new laptop battery
would probably remedy this situation but they're a little over my
budget especially since I have no need to use the laptop right now.