Re: [help] galeon-snapshot

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 14:23, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Son, 2002-12-15 at 12:18, Mark Howard wrote:
> > 1) Recompiling. There's currently a bug with mozilla-snapshot  ...
> That's not powerpc specific, is it?
No. There is a bug filed against mozilla-snapshot; when this is fixed
autobuilds should resume. I just thought someone might like to do a
manual recompile since the powerpc build is now getting quite old.

> > 2) Fixing bug #168878: galeon-snapshot: No right click menu on powerpc. ...
> Have you looked for misuse of char, which is unsigned by default on
> powerpc?
I know nothing of powerpc, so hadn't done before. I've looked now, but
there is no use of char.

> > It'd be great if a developer could look into this and see what they can
> > find. There is a gconf setting for right mouse button action - it would
> > probably be useful to know what happens in each case.
>
> You mean /apps/galeon-snapshot/UI/Mouse/right_button_action ?
Yes.
> Nothing
> happens here for both 0 and 1 there.
Oh well. Thanks for trying.

I've now heard reports of the same problem on a non-Debian system, so we
know it's not just us. I guess we'll just have to wait for upstream to
solve it, unless anyone else has any bright ideas, or has time to look
into it in more detail (Looking for warnings in gdb might be useful - to
do this, you would need to manually do the first few lines of the
/usr/bin/galeon-wrapper script and then run gdb on
/usr/lib/galeon-snapshot-bin).
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :