Re: Report of success on iBook3 in woody/sid with video, dri and airport OK

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 18:41, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> radeonfb and the radeon kernel module (the DRM) isn't quite the same
> thing.

Right; I'm just specifying which versions of each I needed.  Without
radeonfb from 2.4.20-ben1, I had scrambled text console and scrambled
X.  Without your radeon kernel module, no X, either.  (With older
radeonfb and your radeon kernel module, I still get scrambled X, so the
old radeonfb is effecting X, which is to be expected since it provides
the framebuffer device [Provides?  I don't understand the relation
exactly....] used by X.)

> radeon DRI only works with my packages yet, you're basically lucky it
> didn't crash and burn. :)

Yeah I was thinking that as I composed the last 1 2 3 4 note. :)