Revisiting Pismo Multihead

Given the recent update to the ATI Linux drivers, I was wondering if any
more information was available to allow multihead operation on the
Pismo.  My guess is no, since the new drivers seem to be x86 only and
for newer cards, but I thought something else might have happened since
the summer when I last asked.

Would development effort for this be best supported through the DRI
project, XF86, or elsewhere?  Or am I even on the wrong list to be
asking this question?

If anyone can give me new information on this, I'd appreciate it.  I'd
love to be rid of the last reason I have for booting OSX.

--
Brian