iBook2, Radeon 7500.

Hey!

I just joined this list, as I just bought my self a brand new iBook2
(with the Radeon 7500-card).

Guess some of you have the same hardware as I do? (i hope).

Currently running:

G3 700Mhz
384 Mb RAM
12.1" Screen
Radeon 7500 16Mb

And Debian, Unstable.

I'm having alot of problems with the radeon card. Been trying to get
some answers from all the guides that can be found on the net, but it
seems that that nobody is running the 7500 card.

I'm trying to use the latest benh-kernel. (2.4.20-rc4-ben0). It seems
that getting FB working in console is only working for "ofonly", when
trying to use my radeonfb-driver the screen just goes blank at boot.
Can't find any errors in dmesg, but something is making my screen turn
blank.

I got X working (some what fine), but only when using the radeon-drivers
that followed the kernel. When using the dri-trunk-module, my screen
lost all of its graphics.

I do have the same error with both the dri-trunk-module and the
radeon-driver that is following the kernel. The screen keeps flimmering.
Don't know what I'm doing wrong here, as I've used my fbset-modelines.

Starting to get tired of not geting the radeon-driver to work. Is there
anyone with the same hardware as my self, that have got FB-support in
console and DRI working in X? And of course without flimmer. I would
love some help right now /:

/d, 6 years with Debian, 2 days with a Mac.

--
... david röhr              |      o_
.. unix systems consultant  | o/  /\   Solaris, AIX, HP-UX