boot macos from cdrom through firmware was: beige g3 stopped responding (firmware problem?)

Another aproach:

whats the command to boot from cdrom from the firmware command line.
cdrom is ide secondary master and has macos 8.1 cdrom inside.
I tried boot fd to boot linux boot disk but it got stuck
tried boot ide1/disk@0,0 ide1/disk@0:0 ide1/disk@0,\ etc but I keep
getting the message can't OPEN: <device name>
although I can change to the device using dev <device name>

thanx