Re: new TiBook, supportedness and stuff....

> Being a freedom-of-software fanatic, I do not allow myself to have any
> non-free software on any of my computers, so I'm wondering,
> will I be able to get it working with a DebianPPC distro in a reasonable
> amount of time?
>
> What troubles me most is the Radeon M 9k card, that I've heard is not
> quite supported and the X have a lot trouble running on it...
> Will it work or not? [with nothing but free drivers?]

Well, I can't tell you about the radeon 9k status. Maybe using a not
accelerated fb driver could make it work ?

What you can be sure is that buying a Mac, you will have to use free
software since there is almost no commercial stuff ported to that
platform... (except the modem driver I guess)

I've been using an iBook for 6 months now, and all I can tell you that
almost everything works fine. I also chose it because it looks cool. I
just have to boot macosx to download stuff to my mp3 player, since there
is no free driver for it, and to use the external screen (but it seems
to be working with the TiBook).

Getting everything working quickly is becoming easier since there are
several howto-s on the web explaining step by step what to do.

good luck
marc