Creating bootable PPC CD-ROMs

I'd like to create a CD-R disc that is bootable on my iBook laptop.
I am familiar with creating Linux-based bootable CD-Rs for the x86
architecture, but can't seem to find a real good reference documenting
how to do the same for a (New World) Macintosh.

Could the folks that author the Debian PPC CD-ROM image comment on
how they create it?  I assume mkisofs or some other free software tool
is used.

I've been fooling around with mkisofs's -boot-hfs-file and -hfs-bless
options with no luck.

I am looking for a general overview on how a Macintosh bootable CD-ROM
is laid out followed by some example command lines for implementing one.

--
Mike

:wq