Re: Re: debian with pcmcia on powerbook 1400

Le mercredi 30 octobre 2002, à 01:56 , Chris Tillman a écrit :

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 01:10:54PM +0100, Jean-S?bastien Rousseau-Piot wrote:
Hi,

Do you think it's possible to have a minimal debian working on a
powerbook 1400 with PCMCIA support. ?
The pcmcia would be used to plug a wireless card.

PowerPC 603ev 166 MHz
PowerBook serie 1400
40 MB ram
1,3 GB Hard disk
2 pcmcia slots

I already grabbed those informations on the web but I don't want to try
something impossible.

http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/
(without pcmcia support)

http://www.symsys.com/~ingram/hardware/powermac/potato-install.html
This document describes how to upgrade an MkLinux (DR3)
installation to Debian's Potato release on a Nubus-based Power
Macintosh.

AFAICT there is still no PCMCIA. The specs have not been made available.

Does that mean that Apple didn't made the specs of those pcmcia slots available ?

And that it is impossible to build anything for them ?

Jean-Sébastien

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |