Re: iBook2 screen resolutions

On Mit, 2002-10-30 at 01:29, Mark Williams wrote:

> 	On iBook2s, what screen resolutions are supported under Linux?

It depends what graphics chip you have; aty128fb only supports the native
panel resolution (though a patch to enable scaling was posted to linuxppc-dev
some time ago), whereas radeonfb can basically scale up lower resolutions,
the trick is providing the correct mode timings. This is currently easiest
with the latest TiBooks using my DRI packages because the panel parameters
are automatically determined via DDC and you only need to tell it what
resolutions you'd like to use (beware that you need a fairly recent benh
kernel for this to work correctly). I hope this will also work with the M6 at
some point, meanwhile the following might give someone ideas to play with
fbset:

mode "1280x854-0"
    # D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz
    geometry 1280 854 1280 854 32
    timings 12529 0 -1280 0 -854 0 0
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

mode "1152x768-0"
    # D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz
    geometry 1152 768 1280 854 32
    timings 12529 0 -1152 0 -768 0 0
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode