PCI versions that work in an 8500?

I would like to use a cardbus to pci adapter in my Mac 8500. That's because I have a couple Newer Technology FireWire 2 Go PCILynx cardbus firewire cards. The PCILynx firewire cards can be used as protocol sniffers, which one can do now under Mac OS 9 with firebug, and will hopefully be able to do under Linux if I can get it together to write a sniffer for Linux.

The adapters are kind of hard to find, but here's one:

http://www.demarctech.com/products/reliawave-pcmcia-pci.html

The guy who sent me the link says it's a PCI 2.2 card. Should it work on an 8500? I think mine was manufactured in 1996.

You can get the newer tech pcilynx cardbus cards here:

http://www.technowarehousellc.com/brannewfir2g.html

Thanks,

Mike
--