Re: PowerPC Problem

I've got PC share switched on. Does MacOS write everything with an 8 Char limit so an old PC can read it or something ?

From: "Steve Langdon" <langdonsm@hotmail.com>
To: tillman@voicetrak.com
CC: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: PowerPC Problem
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:42:42 +0200

Thanks again for your assistance....

I've found out some more about the nature of the problem. I found out how to navigate down thro the file structure using the <> keys. The booter is concentating the folder names to 8 characters. Hence it cant find "new-powermac" cos it see's it as "new-powe". I can get past the "disks-powerpc" folder by navigating , but the booter is looking to find "new-powermac" and cant.

Why should this be?. Is there a setting somewhere in dbootstrap?. Can I pass it an argument to change this setting?. Maybe its a setting in my CDRom or Drive.