Re: unsupported apple hardware and darwin

>Just wandering if there is something to do for unsupported features, such
>as suspend mode for the ati M7 chip, using the open-source bits from
>Apple.
>
>I don't know what is open and what is not in MacOS-X. I guess the drivers
>for the ATI cards are not open-source. Is the kernel open-source and if
>yes would it be possible to modify it to spy what is done when closing
>the lid?

No, the driver non-Apple HW aren't opensource. This includes ATI drivers,
Promise drivers, Adaptec drivers, nVidia drivers, ...

Actually, even Apple's own drivers are not fully open source. Some of
them are, some of them aren't (the PMU driver isn't, the temp control
and fan drivers aren't, the new machines ATA/100 controller driver
isn't, etc...)

The sleep on M7 issue can be fixed 2 ways:

 - Get ATI finally provide us with proper informations
 - Get me a machine long enough (with enough spare time on my
   side) so I get a chance to try reverse engineer what the
   MacOS driver does (that can take a bunch of time though)

Ben.