kernel biG4 1.25

	Hi,

please help I'm going crazy

I've installed the computer using the Debian 3.0 CD set.
booting the 2.4.18-newpmac kernel

everything went OK, except that just one cpu is recognized. (correct SMP
is not compiled in the kernel)

after setting up the minimum (ssh, rsync, compil tools) and rsync'ed
the benh tree I'm trying to give this machine the ability to see is
second cpu.

OK I see the 2 penguins, great my 2 cpu are seen.
but but, the problem is that all my tryings^Wefforts are ending with the
following boot time error

	<quote hand typed, from an other computer ;-(( >
	pmac-ide: enabling IDE bus ID2
	pmac-ide: enabling IDE bus ID0
	Machine check in kernel mode
	caused by (from SRR1=149030): Transfer error ack signal
	Serial port locked ON by debugger
	</quote>

I guess there's something wrong ;-))
but i cant figure out. ay hints will be really apreciated

	Eric

--
   <rominet> Entendu chez HSC : il y a tellment de ports ouverts sur le
             firewall que netstat -an fait coredump