Re: Short battery life on Powerbook Prismo

marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp writes:

>     > What you might also do is cycle the battery a few times,
>     > i.e. letting it drain and then immediatly recharging it, and
>     > this some 5 times in a row.
>
> I tried that.  Doesn't seem to do too much.
>
> A funny thing that does happen is that on my battery meter under
> gkrellm, I see the numbers go down, and they match the LEDs on the
> battery.  But the moment it hits around 50%, BLAM, goes to sleep...
> Any ideas about that?

Hi,

I had the same experience. What helped was to leave the batteries
discharge completely a couple of times without any power management
running (/etc/init.d/pmud stop). It looks like a calibration issue as
although the gkrellm battery plugin was blinking red my Pismo could
run happily for another hour or more. Pmud probably put the machine to
sleep mode too early. It went back to normal (better extrapolations of
battery power left) after a 2 or 3 cycles.

cheers

        Jiri