Re: Woody Install Error

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 09:07, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

> tar: Bad tar header, skipping [I got this 31 times]

You said that you burned the CD a few times, but did you verify the .iso
image was correct?  You can find MD5 sums for the official images here:
http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/mirrors/debian-cd/3.0_r0/jigdo/powerpc

Plenty of people have used the official install CD (including me), so
I'm pretty sure it works.  I strongly suspect data corruption on your
end somewhere along the line.