Re: Short battery life on Powerbook Prismo

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:09:44AM +0900, marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp wrote:
> So the yesterday, I decided to bring it to work.  Unfortunately, the
> battery died, or at least went low enough for pmud to put the computer
> to sleep, in around 45 minutes, maybe even less.
>
> I just wondering if this is a problem with the battery or is this a
> problem with Linux having less power control than MacOS.  I haven't
> tested it with MacOS yet...

I generally get about 3 hours out of each battery for my Pismo (more if
I turn off firewire, remove cd-rom, dim backlight, etc), so it's not a
Linux issue.  If you haven't been keeping the battery charged for long
periods of time, that might have lowered it's energy storage
capabilities, though.  Unfortunately, finding new batteries for a Pismo
is tough (Apple hasn't sold them for months).
--
Brian Hicks <http://eight.dhs.org> <hick0142@umn.edu> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>
   'At Zango Transportation Concepts, our motto is "Caveat Emptor"