Re: ibook2 radeon & dri

On Son, 2002-10-13 at 15:55, J. Volkmann wrote:

> I have an ibook2 with the radeon here and tried to get dri to work. So I
> did the installation after
> http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/iBook/x118.html.

(BTW I'm a bit disappointed that it _still_ tells to set a ModulePath)

> 1. Installed XFree 4.2 with the branden debs.

DRI won't work with those, you need my dri-trunk debs.

> 2. inserted the drm modules.
>
> But when I try to compile the modules with make -f Makefile.linux
> TREE=/usr/src/linux/include/ I get the following error:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `r128.h', needed by `r128_drv.o'.
> Stop.
>
> This is cruel ;-) as I do not have an r128... surely the insmod
> afterwards tells me there is no radeon.o

You can try make -f Makefile.linux radeon.o, but r128.h should really be
there; did you maybe do a make clean or something? If so, remove
/usr/src/modules/drm-trunk and unpack drm-trunk.tar.gz again.