Re: Mozilla plugins

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 04:36:02PM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> Just want to point the obvious: They have a powerpc plugin that works
> perfectly under MacOS-X. So basically that's nearly a zero-effort for them
> to provide the community a linux/powerpc binary.

    Actually, it's even worse than that.

    I'm doubting there is much hardware specific crap in it, and they
    support Linux-x86, so it IS a near-zero-effort (hell, all they'd
    have to do is ask, and I'm sure someone would be willing to compile
    it for them).

> Proprietary sucks, let's wait the free plugin.

    The problem is that this is proprietary code written to display a
    proprietary and "marketing" driven product. There are incompatible
    changes from 4 to 5 to 6.

    That makes it hard to track.

    Push them to support it. Once they commit to doing it, it's easy.