Re: debian's on ibook documentation updated

On 05 Oct 2002 17:34:12 +0200
Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:

> Some comments about the X section:
>
>     * when you say 'acceleration', you really mean '3D acceleration'. 2D
>       is always accelerated by the ati/radeon driver
>     * my name is Michel

really sorry. michel, your surname sounds like german, so michael comes
its way :) I'll fix it asap

>     * it's 'XFree86', not 'xfree'. The name has a meaning so I think
>       it's important to spell it correctly
>     * LinuxPPC was a bad distro which no longer exists. We are running
>       Linux/PPC

you're fucking paranoid! :P

>     * I have taken down the binaries at
>       http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/XFree86-4.2/ because I can't
>       maintain them. The dri-trunk debs are much better anyway. I always
>       keep at least two versions of the packages available, and old
>       versions are kept in /var/cache/apt/archives, so broken upgrades
>       shouldn't be a problem

Actually, i noticed that. While writing, i was wondering whether someone
could in the future maintain them for you. I proposed myself asking on the list
but this went forgotten

>     * please remove the part about ModulePath. As I have pointed out
>       twice already, it's not necessary and even potentially harmful
>     * RADEON_NO_TCL no longer exists, nor would it ever have made a
>       difference

I can't follow all threads on the list, i'm sorry; this notes resolves this problem
completely. thanks

> > c) screenshots: I hope a friend will take some
> > photos of my ibook and put them on the page soon.
> > I won't install gnome to take screenshot for the page.
> > If someone likes to take some shot of his/her
> > ([non-]ximian) gnome and post all to me, [s]he'll
> > be wellcome twice and of course referenced on the page.
>
> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/GNOME2.png shows off GNOME2 as running
> here.

fine

--