Re: Changing resolution on an iBook 2

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 17:48, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> I am keeping discovering the little bugs that arised on my iBook 2 !
> :)
>
> My X seems to only like 1024x768 but certain games want to swap to
> 800x600 and the display is then totally trashed and is moved
> right-down. Latest X dri-trunk from Michael, iBook 2 with M6, using
> framebuffer.

Not expected to work at this time. You can try feeding it modes with the
timings set to zero, like the one I'm using right now:

Mode "1280x854"
    # D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz
    DotClock 0.001
    HTimings 1280 0 0 0
    VTimings 854 0 0 0
    Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
EndMode

but in my experience radeonfb can't seem to cope with physical and
virtual resolution not being equal yet, or maybe there's another
problem.

Maybe you'll have more luck without Option "UseFBDev", but then you
probably have to play with the timings.

Always remember that you're doing this on your own risk. :)