Re: [patch] pwrctl with cpu speed throttling

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:04:30 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Schmitz <schmitz@zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:

> > > What would your solution provide that's not already done? Leaving the
> > > video hardware on but switch backlight off??
> >
> > no. If you say the problem is in daenzer's XFree. Actually console
> > puts it to sleep without bothering.
>
> See the comments about kernel apm support and the necessary special files
> in /dev/ to enable the X server to use that, in another thread on this
> list.

It's all right. I don't have problems putting it to sleep, just under X
the screen goes noisy just before going asleep.
Previous reading on the list told me this is not mine defect only,
do it?

--
Mij	-o-	mij@bitchx.it		-o-	http://mij.oltrelinux.com