Re: localtalk printing

On 23/09/02, CK (x@meta.lo-res.org) wrote:
> Can anyone give me a quick shot at setting up a localtalk connection
> under linux for printing (docs on this seem to be a bit sparse google-
> wise) ?

Hi. You need to install the netatalk package.
Pap is the appletalk print service that runs (I think) on top of atalkd.

Normally all you have to do is run appletalk, then type "nbplkup" to see
all the appletalk devices on the network. Then you can print directly to
appletalk printers by using
    pap -P "printer name from nbplkup" filename(.ps)

It is also possible to send pap jobs through lpr, although there are
problems if you use lprng.

There is an excellent site with a lot of pap/netatalk printing
information, buried several pages deep in Google.

Tell me if I can help in a more specific way.

Rory
--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@campbell-lange.net>