Re: UK ADSL Modem advice wanted

At 10:40 pm +0100 21/9/02, Joss Winn wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to sign up to a UK Broadband service and am wondering what
services and hardware PPC Debian users in the UK would recommend.

Thanks for all your help.

Joss

Hi Joss

We've been on ADSL with PlusNet since 12 July and it's been great (v. little downtime etc.) They've got great support via their website http://www.plus.net/. We don't use peer to peer applications and there may be better providers for that - Good general info and guidance from http://www.ADSLguide.org.uk.

At the same time we networked 2 pc's and 2 mac's using the Vigor 2600 ADSLModem/Router (ethernet) which works well too.

HTH

Regards

Clive

--